Are you looking for a great quality sound system for professional use? Then look no further because the M-Audio AV32 is what you need. M-audio is a very popular maker of studio monitor speakers. Any new product from M-audio can never go wrong.
The AV32 is a two-way extreme quality bi-amplified monitor speakers. It is successful at delivering a wide-range of frequencies, great output audio and has a neat space-saving construction. Compared to all similar contemporary models the AV32 offers a better acoustic performance. This is an ideal monitor speaker for various uses such as in business, media-production and even in education.
Design & Features of the M-Audio AV32 monitor speakers
This speaker system is made up of 2 matching cabinets. Each one of the cabinet includes a long excursion 3-inch polypropylene coated woofer. It also has a ferro-fluid cooled tweeter. The tweeter is placed on a proprietary OptImage IV waveguide that directs its diffusion, which provides the best listening-area audio coverage.
Over-all built & Quality Components
The Left speaker includes the system’s stereo amplifier, powered at 10 dynamic watts per channel, which allows the AV32 to produce clean, loud and clear sound. A medium density fiberboard has been used to make the speaker cabinets. The use of this dense material prevents excess vibrations in the cabinet, which otherwise might would have hampered the clarity of the sound. Most of the contemporary models from other brands use thin materials which are prone to vibrations.
As far as frequency distribution is concerned, the sound is very clear, flat and smooth. At higher volumes also the AV32 performs well without any distortions or bass adding up. During mixing, AV32 offers detailed interest to vocals the same way it does to the bass, drums and treble noises.
Other striking features in the AV32 are its flexible connectivity and user-friendliness. The speaker’s volume control, the headphone output for engaging in private listening and the Auxiliary input jack for linking with other devices, are located on the front panel of the left speaker.
The AV32 uses the top driver elements, provides a powerful amplification, and is built with vibration free MDF cabinets. The AV32 delivers an optimum performance for its price. Any situation, any space, the AV32 beats its contemporaries in providing superior quality audio performance.
Other Key Features
- 3-inch polypropylene-coated woofers for firm, precise bass
- 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters for lucid, perfect highs
- OptImage IV tweeter waveguides for greater imaging and sound animation
- 10-watt per channel amplifier
- RCA inputs for connecting gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers, and much more
- Front-panel 1/8-inch stereo auxiliary input for linking to the laptop or desktop computer, MP3 player, or other audio sources
- Front-panel 1/8-inch headphone output
- Front-panel volume control
- Acoustically-inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound
- Stunning black vinyl laminate finish
- Category: Two-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 3″ diameter, polypropylene-coated, with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1″ diameter, silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.3 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input and 1/8″ aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at “+” input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 10 watts continuous, per channel into 4 Ω
- Input Impedance: 10 k Ω unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- 1 pair AV32 Desktop Reference Speaker
- 2-conductor line cord
- Manual and warranty
- It has a deep sound with powerful bass response up to 45Hz
- It is very easy to use
- Comes with a resonance free cabinet
- It offers a clear midrange and even treble
- The sound is very clear even in high volume
- The perfect buy for people who love bass but are on a budget
- Sometimes it produces a hissing sound
- Subwoofer level is too elevated, there are no options available for controlling subwoofer levels
- There is an occasional bass boom
- Male voices gets weighed down with added weight produced by the Subwoofer
- The IR remote and the IR receiver on the subwoofer are delicate
- There is a minor boxiness in the midrange
- There is a lack in overall built and aesthetics
Amazon provides a 4.5/5 rating for AV32 monitor speaker. Most of the customers who purchased this speaker are very happy with the performance but there are some others who were disappointed with its sound production at the mid-levels and high-levels.
Some of the reviews include:
“Brilliant monitors! Provide true clarity and are great to listen on and mix on for small unprofessional studios or home. They go bloody loud, and I have actually not been able to go louder than half way because of how loud they can go and the room I use them in”
“Best speakers I have ever owned, for their size they are very good quality. I was a bit concerned when I picked them up as they were really lightweight but turned out great.”