Must See: 7 Outstanding Microphones
A microphone is the backbone of the audio industry. But with the industry demanding you to be constantly mobile, managing the traditional microphones and its accessories can be very difficult for you. And to make life more easy and comfortable for those of you in the media industry, Auna has launched the Auna MIC-900 USB Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone.
This microphone has two additional circuits which are the onboard preamp and the analog-to-digital (A/D) converter. The preamp saves you the trouble of connecting the mic to a mixer. The A/D converter makes it possible for the mic to be directly connected to your laptop or PC and to be read by the software. This is because the A/D converter converts the mic’s output from analog to digital automatically.
To use this USB microphone all you need is single cable to connect it to your smart device and start recording. The Auna MIC-900 produces a decent quality sound. The installation is a very simple process. All you need to do is connect it to the USB drive and it will be automatically installed. You will have to change the audio settings to make the Auna MIC-900 your sound input device instead of your system’s in-built mic.
Features of the Auna MIC-900 USB Microphone
The Auna MIC-900 is very elegant looking available in a matte black color. It comes with a sturdy case that provides good protection to the mic. This microphone’s sturdy silver metal and the steel basket grille made with a 16mm electrets capsule keeps the microphone durable and appropriate for rugged use such as an on-road recording. It is also fitted with a power LED that provides a blue light to the microphone.
Optimum Frequency Response
The Auna MIC-900 has a frequency response of 10Hz-20 kHz which makes it an ideal microphone for speaking and singing.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
This microphone has a Cardioid polar pattern. That means it accepts the sounds from the front while rejecting the noises from the rear and the sides. This feature makes the Auna MIC-900 an apt choice for multiple audio situations such as for live use or in a studio where you do not want to record the unwanted huge noise from all other sides. A negative thing here is that it also displays an animated bass response when it is very near to the sound source.
The Shock Mount with 3/8 ” to 5/8″ thread adapter
The Auna MIC-900 is tailored with a shock mount which keeps the mic in place. The Nylon covering helps to cut-down the resonant sound vibrations and the other unwanted noises that usually occur on the microphone casing. The shock mount can be effortlessly mounted on a regular microphone stand with the 5/8’’ thread that comes with it. This feature allows the Auna MIC-900 to adapt easily with other thread sizes.
- Connection: 1 x USB port ( Type B )
- Frequency range: 30 Hz – 18 kHz
- Sample rate: 16bit / 48kHz
- Sensitivity – 32 dB
- Green power LED
- Power supply: via USB
- Microphone: 6.5 x 2 inches (16.5 x Ø 5cm) (length x Ø)
- Shock mount: 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.9 inches (W x H x D) (9 x 9 x 10cm)
- Cable length: approx. 3 meters
- Microphone weight: approx. 0.6 pounds (295g)
- Shock mount weight: approx. 0.4 pounds (200g)
- Shock mount
- 3/8″ to 5/8″ adapter
- Protective case
- USB cable
- English user manual
- Good quality sound
- Reasonable pricing
- Sturdy frame
- Easy to install and use
- Best for studio and on road recording
- Cuts out unwanted noise from all other sides except from the front
- For a high quality recording you will have to purchase a pop-guard. But since a separate pop-guard is not very expensive this cannot be considered as a huge disadvantage.
- This microphone displays an animated bass response when it is very near to the sound source.
The various applications of the Auna MIC-900 include –
- Podcasts: The Auna MIC-900 is a great choice for communicating through podcasts. You can invest your energy on the presentation of the content instead on working on setting up your microphone. The comfortable and easy to use nature of the Auna MIC-900 makes it a perfect microphone for podcasters. Simply plug into your laptop record the podcast and share it with others. As simple as that!
- Interviews: This is the most useful for interviews. You do not have to carry around a bulky equipment and accessories gear. No long cables, the Auna MIC-900 and one laptop is all you need to record the interview in good quality. You can totally focus on conducting the interview and collecting information.
- Quick recording: You can make quick recordings for future references of your ideas with the Auna MIC-900.
- Voiceovers: Sound quality is significant in voiceover occupation. Auna MIC-900 lets anyone produce an excellent sound quality by connecting a single cable to the recording software. You don’t require any sort of experience or expert knowledge.
The Auna MIC-900 has received positive reviews so far. It has secured a 4.6/5 rating in Amazon which is a great score. Customers are all in praise of the remarkable sound production and ease of use.
If you are looking for a microphone for singing and speaking then the Auna MIC-900 is the best option available today. It is very user-friendly and can be used in any kind of rugged environment. The reasonable pricing and the good sound quality makes the Auna MIC-900 a perfect option for your audio requirements.