The Alesis Q-49 Keyboard Controller is a perfect blend of USB MIDI and traditional MIDI. Though the digital MIDI is believed to offer the users a better experience than the traditional ones, some people still prefer to use the traditional ones due to certain reasons. If you are unable to decide which one to choose, there’s nothing to worry about. Alesis relives you of the trouble of deciding which one to buy, since it offers you the both within a single package, and that too within your budget!
Let us find out what outstanding features the keyboard has to offer you:
Features of the Alesis Q-49 Keyboard Controller
- Velocity Sensitive Keys: Well, we all know that velocity sensitive keys form one of the integral parts of the most popular keypads today. The keys are velocity sensitive, thus allowing an expressive performance. You can keep on pressing the keys at your own speed- this will not really affect the performance. If you need to chop out some chords or let loose with a solo, the keys will compensate for all the nuances of playing.
- Range Expansion: People also want their keyboards to provide them expansion of range. So, this keyboard provides Backlit Octave up and Down for the purpose.
- Better recording, sequencing and performance: The product comes with Ableton Live Lite Alesis Ediiton which makes recording, sequencing and performance better.
- Volume/ Data Entry Slider: The assignable volume/ data entry slider helps one to control the pedal input for a better performance of the keyboard.
- No Power Cable Needed: You do not need a power cable for the keyboard controller since it has a bus powered via USB.
- Pitch and Modulation Wheels: Like the other keyboards from Alesis, this one also comes with pitch and modulation wheels which help in producing the perfect musical expression.
- The Input Voltage: It has a 9 volt DC input voltage for independent operation. So, you are free from the hassles of using plug points.
- Full-Sized Keys: The keys are lesser in number than the other keyboards that have 61-88 keys. But, all the 49 keys are full-sized.
- MIDI control: The MIDI control gives easy access to some great software instruments. You may even add drums, sampler or sound modules.
- Weight of the item: 2.3kg
- Number of keys: 49
- Wattage: 4.5 watts
- Shipping Weight: 2.9kg
- Made in- China
- Unit Dimensions: 17.8×81.3×5.7 cm
- Package Details:
- The pckage contains the following-
- 1x Q-49 Keyboard
- USB cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Shipping Weight: 2.9kg
Special offers and promotions
- The product comes with 3-month premium membership with Skoove for online piano classes if you buy a keyboard, piano or MIDI controller.
- Compatibility with Software and Hardware: It is compatible with all music software and MIDI hardware devices. So, you can easily connect it with any of them.
- Mac and PC: It also supports easy connection with Mac and PC.
- Program -Changing Facilities: There is a provision for changing the programs, patches etc. through the keys.
- FL Studio: It works fine with FL studio and other music products.
- Good for Beginners: Unlike the other keyboards of its type which come with an array of features, this one is easy to use by the beginners. So, if you have never played a keyboard, there is nothing to worry about.
- After Sales Service: The customer support and after sales service of the keyboard has been able to satisfy the buyers. If there is any sort of problem with the keyboard after purchase, they will replace the parts or do the needful.
- On-the-go Facilities: With this keyboard, one can make cord changes, scale changes, sight-reading and even improvise while travelling.
- Value for Money: It is available at just 59 pounds in Amazon and offers a good value for money.
- Ignite Software: It comes with ignite music creation software from AIR Music Tech.
- Class Compilant: It is a class compliant device i.e. has in-built drivers that are written by Windows or Apple. So, you do not require an extra driver to make its connection with windows, Macintosh or iOS.
Sustain Pedal Input: A pedal can be used separately to provide input.
- Advanced MIDI: The keyboard provides access to advanced MIDI functions.
- Out-of-the-box Recording and Sequencing: The Ableton Live Lite Software is ideal for performing, recording and sequencing music in the most innovative way.
- Compactness: It is compact and easy to fit in anywhere.
- USB Cable: The USB cable is provided with the package.
- No Undesired Sound: No clicking sounds are produced while playing the keyboard.
- Customization: It comes with a wide array of customizable synthesizer effects such as reverb and percussion.
- The keyboard cannot be played without plugging it into a software.
- The keys are not touch-sensitive.
- Playing softer chords might be problematic with this keyboard.
- It does not support external synth units.
- The pressing of the keys is not very smooth and seem to be, kind of, non-professional.
- It can be used for composing great quality music.
- It is also used for live and on-the-go performances.
- It also finds application in sound mixing and recording.
The customer rating of the product is 4.3 out of 5 stars. Most of the customers have been happy with the product. Let us find out what they have to say:
“All Round Great Purchase”
“Service is very good”
Many beginners have been happy to use the keyboard. Since it is a basic keyboard, they have faced no difficulties in making the set-up or playing it.
As you can make out, the Alesis Q-49 Keyboard Controller is the right keyboard to suffice all the needs of both a novice and a pro. The astounding features and quality parts make it a great value for money. The after-sales service is also good. If you are looking for a versatile and easy-to-handle keypad, this one can be your ideal choice.